SHORTCUT PEACH CRISP | grain free, paleo, vegan
A delicious way to use the abundance of peaches available during the summer.
The fruit crisp itself is grain free, paleo, vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
½ c almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Dash sea salt
1/8 tsp almond extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil
¼ c chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut peaches in half. Remove pits. Place cut side up in a baking pan (a pie plate works great here).
- In a small bowl, combine almond, coconut and tapioca flours, cinnamon & nutmeg, and salt.
- Add almond extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix until just combined. Add chopped almonds.
- Evenly distribute crisp topping amongst the 8 peach halves.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until peaches have softened and topping has browned.
- Garnish with raspberries. Serve with whipped coconut cream, or your favorite vegan ice cream.
TOPPINGS – Your choice of toppings: a dollop of maple syrup sweetened coconut whipped cream is paleo option. Vegan vanilla ice cream is well, a vegan option (sorry for being redundant here).
If you have any leftovers, this recipe is a terrific topping for your morning yogurt or hot cereal.
Keywords: peach crisp, paleo dessert, vegan dessert