This shortcut peach crisp is the perfect solution for a weeknight dessert. With peaches and a simple crisp topping, it’s a deliciously different take on fruit crisp that comes together in a jiffy.
My husband and I have regular debates about the merits of a warm dessert topped with ice cream or whipped cream. I’m a huge fan – I mean how can you go wrong topping a warm slice of pie or a bubbly crisp with a nice scoop of ice cream. The ice cream melts into a creme anglaise, which envelopes the warm fruit. He isn’t a fan. In fact, he isn’t a fan of warm desserts. I know, we need an intervention.
You know that I’m a fan of crisps (check out my other crisp recipe here). Peaches are so sweet and perfect right now, and they are begging to be made into a dessert.
Instead doing a lot of prepping of the fruit, the peaches are cut into halves and topped with a simple crisp topping.
In the oven, the peaches will soften and caramelize, and the topping will get crispy and brown.
Gotta top this delicious dessert with scoops of vegan vanilla ice cream or a paleo friendly coconut whipped cream.
This dessert is super easy to halve for two people or double for a dinner party. I’m a huge advocate of serving this during the week, when you don’t want to deal with a fussy dessert. Either way, you will end up with a delicious and virtuous ending to your meal.
SHORTCUT PEACH CRISP | grain free, paleo, vegan
A delicious way to use the abundance of peaches available during the summer.
The fruit crisp itself is grain free, paleo, vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
½ c almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Dash sea salt
1/8 tsp almond extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil
¼ c chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut peaches in half. Remove pits. Place cut side up in a baking pan (a pie plate works great here).
- In a small bowl, combine almond, coconut and tapioca flours, cinnamon & nutmeg, and salt.
- Add almond extract, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix until just combined. Add chopped almonds.
- Evenly distribute crisp topping amongst the 8 peach halves.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until peaches have softened and topping has browned.
- Garnish with raspberries. Serve with whipped coconut cream, or your favorite vegan ice cream.
TOPPINGS – Your choice of toppings: a dollop of maple syrup sweetened coconut whipped cream is paleo option. Vegan vanilla ice cream is well, a vegan option (sorry for being redundant here).
If you have any leftovers, this recipe is a terrific topping for your morning yogurt or hot cereal.
Keywords: peach crisp, paleo dessert, vegan dessert