Don’t bother with Nutella. Make this easy recipe, and you are in control of the dairy and sugar content.
Equipment needed: high speed blender or food processor, double boiler
2 c. hazelnuts
3/4 c bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 c coconut sugar
2 tbsn coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and place in oven. Roast for 12 minutes.
3. While nuts are roasting, prepare double boiler. Place chocolate in bowl and let melt.
4. Remove hazelnuts from oven. Let cool slightly, then place nuts in a kitchen towel. Rub to remove nut skins. Don’t sweat it if skins are not completely removed.
4. place skinned hazelnuts in high speed blender or food processor. Process until you get hazelnut butter.
5. Add chocolate, coconut sugar, coconut oil and salt to blender. Blender until mixture is well combined and smooth.
6. Taste mixture for sweetness. If you find the mixture not sweet enough, add 1-2 tbsp additional coconut sugar.
7. Transfer to a container, or eat straight out of the blender. 🙂
will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge. You will need to get it to room temperature to get the right texture.