BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAKFAST COOKIES | gluten free, vegan
With its list of wholesome ingredients, you can enjoy these breakfast cookies any time of the day.
Equipment needed: food processor, baking sheet, parchment paper or silpat
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups gluten free oats, divided (my go is from Bob’s Red Mill)
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, refined
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (I like using Enjoy LIfe!)
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chunks to top cookies – optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350˚F.
- Add peeled bananas, pitted dates, coconut oil to bowl of food processor and process until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract pulse until incorporated.
- Add 1 1/2 cup oats and pulse a 4-5 times. Do not process completely. You should see bits and pieces of the oats.
- Transfer dough to medium sized bowl. Fold in 1/2 reserved oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a ice cream or cookie scoop, portion out to baking sheet. (Optional – top each cookie with 1-2 chocolate chunk pieces)
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Keywords: banana, oats, gluten free, vegan, breakfast, cookies